Feeney Inc.'s Environmental Statement
Feeney, Inc. is a member of United States Green Building Council. Visit our LEED page for more information about recycled content and links to United States Green Building Council LEED documents. To discuss how our products can help you earn LEED points for your upcoming projects, please give us a call at 1-800-888-2418.
- All or our architectural products are made from stainless steel and/or aluminum which are among the most recycled materials. Most of our products contain pre-consumer reclaimed content (LEED® points), and, upon disposal, the materials can be recycled at metal reclamation sites. Examples of Feeney products containing reclaimed content:
- DesignRail® & Feeney Garden Trellis aluminum extrusions—70% content
- CableRail & Feeney Garden Trellis stainless steel cables—70% content
- CableRail & Feeney Garden Trellis stainless steel cable fittings manufactured at Oakland plant—94% content.
- StaLok® stainless steel rods machined at Oakland plant—94% content.
- Our products are durable and have long use cycles, thereby reducing replacement costs and maximizing material usage efficiency.
- Our products are very low maintenance and require no treatments, stains, solvents, varnishes or preservatives that may contain contaminating chemicals.
- Our materials and products are strong yet lightweight, using less raw material and allowing easier handling, lower shipping costs and less fuel consumption.
- Our Feeney Garden Trellis kits, as well as CableRail cable assemblies, can be used to create energy saving trellis and landscape shading panels and partitions that support cooling foliage in the summer yet allow maximum sunlight and warmth during the dormant winter months.
- On January 19th, 2011 our manufacturing facility in Oakland, CA switched-on a new 380 panel (over 5,000 square foot) photovoltaic solar array that can produce as much as 90 kilowatts direct current (DC) of clean, sun-generated electricity. It's enough "juice" to potentially offset the facility's entire energy needs. You can see the greenhouse impact this system is having by visiting the Feeney Solar Power website at live.deckmonitoring.com/?id=feeney_solar_power
- Our Oakland plant utilizes a fully automated, computerized machining center that is programmed to continue running and producing high-precision parts after hours during non-peak electric usage periods and without the need of lighting or technicians.
- The powder coating facility we use in Tekamah, NE features a new, state-of-the-art powder coating line that emits no V.O.C.s or heavy metal waste, uses a non-chromium pre-treatment wash, and reclaims 93% of the waste water via a reverse-osmosis membrane filtration system.
- An energy efficient warehouse and shop that require no heating or cooling due to fully insulated walls and ceilings and 32-ft high roof with adjustable vents.
- An ongoing company recycling program that includes paper, cardboard, cans, bottles and all residual metal machining shavings.
- Outgoing shipments use heavy duty cardboard boxes that can be reused or recycled, and our packing peanuts are made from biodegradable, non-toxic cornstarch that quickly dissolves in water and can be reused or composed; they’re even FDA approved.